WHAT IS ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, deformities, defects, and esthetic aspects of the oral and maxillofacial region. This refers to the jaws, face, and neck regions of the body. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons have graduated from an accredited dental school. This is followed by a hospital based internship and residency.
The Louisville Dental Specialists division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery offers a wide variety of services to fit your needs. Some of the procedures Dr. Look offers are:
- Routine dentoalveolar surgery – as third molar removal, extraction of teeth, preparation of the gums and ridges for bridges and dentures.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pathologic lesions – “lumps and bumps”.
- Treatment of traumatic injuries.
- Diagnosis and treatment of facial pain.
- Dental implant surgery.
- Sleep disorders – obstructive sleep apnea and disruptive snoring.
- Treatment of the medically comprised patient.
- Intravenous and inhalation anesthesia.
- Hospital consultations and treatment available.